A few weeks ago, a couple arrived from the US. They were renting a beautiful condo at Playa Bonita, the resort where I live. When they arrived, the husband had stress lines etched into his face. I joked with him and told him that his "stress face" would be gone in 24 hours. When I saw him a few days later, it was like meeting a totally different person. He was happy and relaxed, and the stress had melted away like an ice cube in the warm Panama sun.
If you need to catch up on your relaxation, there is no better place than Panama. There are so many things to do that you can be as active--or inactive--as you want to be. Panama is full of micro climates. The laid back Caribbean side is very different from the Pacific Coast Beach region, and the Panama City region is very different from the slower-paced mountain towns.
Because the list would be endless if I included the entire country, I am just listing the ways you can relax when you rent a condo at the spectacular Casa Bonita, the residential condo tower inside of Playa Bonita. Of course, you can also stay at the Westin Playa Bonita, but if there is availability, you'll love the extra amenities that come with condo life.
Here is a list of some of the things you can do at while staying at Playa Bonita in Panama.
- Lay by the pool and catch some sea-Zzz's
- Walk on the beach and let the warm sand squish through your toes. (Don't worry if it ruins your pedi... there is a spa and salon right here!)
- Catch up on your hammock time ...you may not even realize you're hammock-time deficient until you've spent a few hours lolling in the breeze with a good book and a cold beverage
- Play outdoor chess with a large chess set
- Play golf at one of the many public golf courses ... or just practice your swing at a beachfront driving range
- Recapture your youthful exuberance with indoor or outdoor ping pong
- Sharpen your pool cue and play billiards
- Shop 'til you drop at one of the many nearby indoor malls
- Bicycle down the Cinta Costera or along the Amador Causeway
- Play water volleyball or beach volleyball
- Mountain bike up and down the nearby hills
- Play tennis
- Hike through the rain forest
- Paddle a kayak in the Bay of Panama
If reading this list makes you yearn for some quality relaxation time, stop dreaming and start living the dream. Book your ticket and come discover how relaxed you'll be in Panama.