- Hotels all over Panama, from 5-star resorts to isolated no-frills beach bungalows
- Dance classes, from belly dancing to ballet
- Exercise classes, from zumba to Cross Fit
- Concerts, from Justin Bieber to Enrique Iglesius
- Sporting events, from motocross to baseball
- Designer brands, such as Guess and Nike
- Enrichment classes, from language schools to etiquette classes
- Consumer products, from lighting to kitchen items
- Dental services, such as cleaning to whitening
- Optical services, such as eye exams and eye glasses
- Medical services, such as weight loss
- Pet services, from grooming to teeth cleaning
- Adventure activities, such as zip lining, sky diving and paintball
- Car rentals
Limited-time daily deals were pioneered in the U.S. by companies like Groupon. Before moving to Panama, I thought the daily deals would be on my "gonna miss it" list. I was thrilled to find out that Oferta Simple (translated from Spanish means "Simple Offer") was Panama's answer to daily deals.
As a newcomer to Panama, I bought every experiential Oferta that sounded the least bit interesting. Not only can you try new restaurants and get beauty treatments for a deeply discounted price, but you can also experience a lot that Panama has to offer.
Like Groupon, one deal is offered each day, and a minimum number of people have to buy it for the deal to be on. Each deal is available for a limited time--usually a few days--or until the deal sells out. Here is just a sampling of what you can experience with Oferta Simple:
The best part is that expats share our favorite daily deals on Facebook... just in case we happen to miss the daily email touting today's deal. If you're not my Facebook friend, friend me now. I'm the only Melissa Darnay on Facebook. Just include a message that you found me on this blog.
What I like about Oferta Simple is abo
Melissa Darnay is a marketer, a serial entrepreneur, and a relocation concierge in Panama. Learn more...